Spicy Beef and Broccoli
Spicy Beef and Broccoli
Tender bites of beef, broccoli, and peppers cooked to perfection on a Steelmade Flat Top are quickly brought together with an irresistible sauce of sweet and spicy Firebee Honey.
1⅛ lbs Thinly Sliced Beef
1 cup Jasmine Rice
½ lb Sweet Peppers
2 cloves Garlic
1 lb Broccoli
3 Tbsp Firebee Honey
⅓ cup Soy Glaze
¼ cup Cornstarch
1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1. Prepare the ingredients & make the sauce: Wash and dry the fresh produce. Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic. Cut off and discard the bottom 1/2 inch of the broccoli stem; cut the broccoli into small florets. Cut off and discard the stems of the peppers; remove the cores, then quarter lengthwise. Combine in a bowl. Thinly slice the scallions, separating the white bottoms and hollow green tops. In a bowl, combine soy glaze, vinegar, 1/2 cup of water, and as much of the Firebee Honey as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be.
2. Cook the rice: In a medium pot, combine the rice, chopped garlic, a big pinch of salt, and 2 cups of water. Heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook, without stirring, 12 to 14 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Turn off the heat and fluff with a fork. Cover to keep warm.
3. Cook the vegetables: While the rice cooks, preheat the Steelmade Flat Top. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on one side of the Flat Top on medium-high until hot. Add the prepared broccoli and peppers; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened. Add the sliced white bottoms of the scallions and 1/4 cup of water (carefully, as the liquid may splatter); season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until the water has cooked off.
4. Coat & cook the beef: While the rice and vegetables continues to cook, pat the beef dry with paper towels. Place in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add the cornstarch; toss to thoroughly coat. On the unused side of Steelmade Flat Top, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the coated beef in an even layer (shaking off any excess cornstarch before adding). Cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until just cooked through.
5. Finish & serve your dish: Add the cooked vegetables and sauce to the Flat Top. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until thoroughly combined. Turn off the heat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve the finished beef, vegetables, and sauce over the cooked rice. Drizzle a bit of Firebee Honey on top if you want more of that awesome flavor. Garnish with the sliced green tops of the scallions.